In the last newsletter we talked about oil cleansing. This time we are looking at another amazing way to cleanse the skin naturally – with honey and water! If you haven’t yet tried the honey-cleansing method, you are in for a treat. Cleansing with a dollop of raw honey leaves the skin feeling radiant, super soft and not at all sticky. It is wonderful as a morning pick-me-up.
Honey is good for all skin types, from dry to acne-prone.
- Raw honey’s antibacterial and antimicrobial properties make it ideal for those prone to breakouts, including teenagers.
- As an ancient remedy for healing wounds (and positively recognized by the current medical community) honey can work to repair the skin, even small tears and damage that aren’t visible to the naked eye. This creates a better overall appearance to the skin.
- Honey is soothing and anti-inflammatory, benefiting those with sensitive or inflamed skin.
- It is also loaded with enzymes, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to boost the health of your skin.
The Honey-Cleansing Method:
- Pull your hair up and away from your face.
- Rub a teaspoon of raw honey (unfiltered, unpasteurized) into your hands to gently warm it and thin it out a bit.
- Massage it into your skin.
- Rinse gently and thoroughly with warm water.
You can also leave the honey on your skin for 5-10 minutes so it can really work its magic. Rinse with warm water and glow!