Dec 15, 2015
Up Your Immunity with “Golden Milk”
As the weather changes, it can make us more susceptible to cough, colds, flu and other bugs that get the best of us. One of my favorite go-to spices for combating illness with a strong immune system is turmeric! Due to it’s anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties, it has been used since ancient times in Ayurvedic medicine.
- Turmeric – anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-viral
- Ginger – anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-viral and aids digestion
- Cloves – anti-bacterial and anti-viral
- Raw, Local Honey – coats the throat and fights pollen allergens
- Add ginger root (or 1/4 tsp ground ginger) and cloves to 2 cups of water
- Bring to a boil for 2 minutes.
- Pour the contents into a mug.
- Add 1-2 tsp ground turmeric.
- Add 1 tsp honey until it melts.
- Add 2 tsp milk (You can use almond or coconut milk as dairy-free alternatives.)
* This website is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Click here to read the medical disclaimer