As the weather changes, it can make us more susceptible to cough, colds, flu and other bugs that get the best of us. One of my favorite go-to spices for combating illness with a strong immune system is turmeric! Due to it’s anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties, it has been used since ancient times in Ayurvedic medicine.
- Turmeric – anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-viral
- Ginger – anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-viral and aids digestion
- Cloves – anti-bacterial and anti-viral
- Raw, Local Honey – coats the throat and fights pollen allergens
- Add ginger root (or 1/4 tsp ground ginger) and cloves to 2 cups of water
- Bring to a boil for 2 minutes.
- Pour the contents into a mug.
- Add 1-2 tsp ground turmeric.
- Add 1 tsp honey until it melts.
- Add 2 tsp milk (You can use almond or coconut milk as dairy-free alternatives.)