- 2 cups fresh pecans
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 6 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spread pecans out evenly on a parchment-lined pan and toast for 15 minutes.
- Set aside 1/3 of the total nuts (a little less than 3/4 of a cup) & add the remaining 2/3 of the nuts to a dry blender.
- Pulse until a rough pecan flour forms.
- Remove half of the flour from the blender.
- To the remaining flour in the blender, add 3 cups water, 1/2 cup coconut sugar, vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Blend until very smooth pecan “milk” forms.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats & chia seeds. Pour pecan “milk” over oats & chia; stir.
- Roughly chop the remaining whole toasted pecans and add to a small bowl with the set-aside pecan flour, 2 tablespoons coconut sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, & avocado oil. Stir to create a crumble topping.
- Store the oats in the fridge separate from the topping, adding lots of topping or layering like a parfait when ready to serve! They’ll be ready after one hour & will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days!
Recipe credit: https://www.lizmoody.com/pecan-coffee-cake-overnight-oats-recipes/