- 3 large beets, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 5 ounces seasonal salad greens (this is about one small clamshell package)
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese or feta (option to substitute non-dairy cheese or omit)
- Pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 1, 15 oz can chickpeas
Combine ¼ each:
- orange juice
- balsamic vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar or monk fruit sweetener if desired
Whisk until combined.
- Add beets to vegetable steamer basket inside a pot.
- Add sufficient water to the bottom and bring to a boil.
- Cook beets, covered, until tender–about 12-15 minutes. When finished, cool in the refrigerator.
- Rinse the salad greens if not pre-washed, and add to a large bowl.
- Add cooled beets, crumbled cheese, and chickpeas.
- Make the dressing by combining the orange juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, sugar (optional) and salt in a small bowl and whisk.
- Drizzle over the salad just before serving.
- Top with pumpkin or sunflower seeds for added crunch (and protein!).