Whether you made a New Year’s resolution to eat healthier, or are trying to lose your own personal Santa-belly thanks to overindulging in one too many holiday treats, this is a great time of year to hit the reset button and clean out your gut. It’s also the perfect time to kick start your health by cleaning out your cupboards and fridge and dumping any leftover holiday chocolate samplers and cookie tins!
Your gastrointestinal tract is your body’s command center and getting it running like a finely-tuned machine can greatly improve your weight-loss. I’ve had numerous patients shed unwanted pounds just by healing their gut, so before you start your next diet try out my 3-day detox.
I created this simple gut-reset plan to clean up your tummy and help you lose those excess holiday weight. By the end of the three days, you will have given your digestive system a much needed rest, worked to improve your intestinal pH, rejuvenated healthy digestive juices, activated digestive enzymes, and detoxified your liver, helping you look and feel your best for spring. Who’s with me?!
3-Day Gut Reset for 2018:
- Begin the morning with 1-2 tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar diluted in water (I like mine in room temp. water). Research shows that apple cider vinegar helps detoxify the liver and stimulate the cardiovascular system. I actually get to the point where I crave this in the morning!
- Next, have a protein shake for breakfast. If you like (okay love) chocolate, like me, then you will love my Banana Chocolate Shake It is super simple and tastes like a chocolate covered-banana, but it’s high in protein and 100% guilt-free!
- Have a green drink for lunch. Green juice blends are easy to digest and rich in fiber. Try to include dark, leafy greens such as kale and watercress that help activate detoxification, which is important for keeping your liver clean. Try my Green Juice You will not regret it!
- Eat a large plant based meal for dinner. The vegetables will further liver detoxification and cleanup while also resetting your gut. Some examples include: 1 cup each of broccoli, snow peas, and red pepper sautéed in coconut oil. Coconut oil contains lauric acid which has antibacterial, antimicrobial and antiviral properties. If you don’t know by now, I love to spread coconut oil on rice cakes as a snack.
- Lastly, be sure and drink at least 100 ounces of water throughout the day. Carry a glass water bottle with you at all times. If you need reminders to fill it up every 2-3 hours, set an alarm on your phone.
Finally, if you feel great after doing this 3-day detox, commit to a plan that’s best for your specific Power Type, and get a copy of the Super Woman Rx. In this book, you’ll find a diet and lifestyle plan that’s tailored to you, to get your gut on track this year! Get your copy here. Happy detoxing!