How are you kicking off your new year? May I suggest getting a fresh start with The 21-Day Belly Fix?
By the end of January, you could be lighter on your feet and full of energy – mind, body & spirit.
Here are five good reasons to pick up a copy of the book and go for it.
1. Reset and heal your digestive system.
Over the last couple of generations we have lost touch with the healing traditions of our grandparents. For example, nourishing homemade broths have been replaced by shelf-stable cartons. Fermented foods, once an integral part of the diet, are now a “rare or never” thing.
The cost? An inflamed and damaged gut lining. Instead of a tightly woven and “smart” intestinal wall designed to absorb nutrients while blocking toxins, we’re left with one that is frayed, ragged and leaky. “Leaky gut” leads to a host of problems, too long to list – from depression to IBS to cancer.
The 21-Day Belly Fix lays out a 4-step path to restoring healthy digestion: During the 21 days of my plan, you will:
Days 1-3: Rest and cleanse your gut.
Days 4-6: Plug your leaky gut.
Days 7-10: Build your bacteria.
Days 11-21: Solve your food puzzle…and fix your belly!
2. Lose weight and inches for good as you boost your metabolism with whole foods!
To lose weight the healthy way, you need to:
1. Master Your Chemistry. Balancing key neurotransmitters (chemicals that transmit signals from one brain cell to another) gives us the emotional boost we need to conquer food cravings and break the cycle of stress eating.
2. Balance Your Bacteria. Learn how the wrong balance of gut bacteria can sabotage your weight-loss goals. We’ll introduce probiotic-rich foods to the diet such as kombucha, sauerkraut and kefir to enliven your gut and boost your metabolism.
3. Eat Clean. This simple piece of advice can be challenging to implement if you don’t know where to start. Over the 21 days you’ll be putting “clean eating” into practice until it becomes a habit. Every participant in a Belly Fix Focus Group that was conducted earlier this year carried on healthy habits after the trial was finished.
4. Know Your Diets. Type in “gut health diet” into Google search and you’ll get roughly 16,000,000 hits. So where to begin? Should you go gluten free or paleo? Low-FODMAP or GAPS? The 21-Day Belly Fix lists out the pros and cons of each diet.
3. Strengthen your immune system.
Did you know that 70% of your immune system is found in your gut? To quote an often referenced study:
Your digestive system is “the main route of contact with the external environment and is overloaded every day with external stimuli, sometimes dangerous as pathogens (bacteria, protozoa, fungi, viruses) or toxic substances, in other cases very useful as food or commensal flora.” (source)
As you begin to heal your gut, your immune system will be in better form to ward off viruses and other pathogens. In addition, fixing your gut will increase absorption of vital nutrients to nourish regulate your immune system. This is vital if you are dealing with auto-immune disease or any disorder stemming from a hyperactive immune system, such as eczema, food sensitivities and seasonal allergies.
4. Improve your focus and clarity of mind.
Science is now showing what Chinese and Ayurvedic doctors have been aware of for centuries. The health of your gut and mind are intricately linked.
In traditional wisdom, we know that you can “cool” an anxious mind by warming and nourishing the gut. Studies are beginning to show us the different ways in which this happens.
For example, in a healthy gut-mind, neurotransmitters are balanced. If one or more of these neurotransmitters are thrown out of whack, a host of issues can arise.
Each unique individual reacts differently and to varying degrees. Do you have issues with food cravings? Brain fog? Anxiety? Depression? ADHD? These are all signs of neurotransmitter imbalance. If you are struggling with any of these issues and believe that your diet has something to do with it, you are probably right.
If you are dealing with gut-brain imbalance issues, it can be challenging to get through the day, never mind overhaul your diet and get your life back on track. The 21-Day Belly Fix offers a systematic approach to recovering the balance in your gut and, in turn, your mind.
5. Build your repertoire of quick & easy, nourishing meals.
If you love to eat (who doesn’t?) then this book is for you. It contains over 50 amazing recipes that busy people like you can throw together in a flash. You’ll appreciate the simple, yet exquisitely-balanced, flavors whether you are an experienced cook or a novice.
Here’s what my Belly Fixers have said:
“I’m addicted to ‘The Minty One’ green juice. It’s like a roller coaster in my mouth!”
“The Coconut Miso Stir-Fry Sauce is so good I could drink it.”
“Our family loves the Baked Spaghetti Squash with Tomato Sauce and Chicken Breast. We made a big batch and have eaten it three nights in a row!”