Pea protein is quickly becoming a favorite protein powder for health-conscious people. No surprise! It’s so good for you in so many ways, from hormone balance to weight loss and more. Pea protein has everything you could want in a plant-based protein powder:
- It has all nine essential amino acids, which makes it a complete plant protein
- It helps you lose weight and curbs cravings (maybe even more than dairy protein, according to research)
- It contains a diversity of antioxidants
- It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, keto, and non-GMO
- It’s a staple of Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese Medicine
- It tastes amazing
What’s not to love? Pea protein is versatile and delicious, and it’s perfect for gym-goers and health-conscious food lovers alike. Let’s take a look at all of pea protein’s benefits and how you can make pea protein powder a part of your healthy, happy lifestyle.
Pea protein supports your hormones to help with weight loss and cravings
Pea protein is the best of the plant-based proteins. It’s an unusual plant protein because it’s complete, meaning it has all nine essential amino acids that your body needs to get from diet.
Complete proteins are very satiating, which could explain why pea protein is so good for weight loss and cravings. A 2015 study found that pea protein is more digestible than dairy protein, and is just as good as whey and casein at making you feel satisfied. The study also found that pea protein affects your two main hunger hormones:
- Pea protein lowers ghrelin, the appetite-increasing hormone that makes you feel hungry. Lower ghrelin makes it easier to lose weight by curbing your appetite and cravings.
- Pea protein boosts cholecystokinin (CCK), another hormone that makes makes you feel full. High CCK helps you lose weight, too; it curbs cravings and makes you eat less without thinking about cutting calories.
- Pea protein moves both your hunger hormones in the right direction: lower ghrelin so you don’t feel hungry, and higher CCK so you’re more satisfied with what you eat. It’s the perfect combination for easy weight loss.
Keep a delicious pea protein powder handy if you’re struggling with cravings. A scoop or two will help you stay on track by getting rid of the cravings in a few short minutes. I made East West Pure Power for just this reason. This pea protein powder has lots of extras: it’s tasty, low in sugar, and full of the healthy fats your body needs.
Pea protein is full of colorful antioxidants
While most protein powders are colorless, pea protein, when unflavored, is a vibrant green. That’s because pea protein is packed with amazing antioxidants that soothe inflammation.
Anti-inflammatory foods are SO important for your health. Inflammation is linked to all kinds of diseases, chronic pain, depression, and more. It’s always good to get a little extra antioxidant boost from your food and keep inflammation low.
A recent study found that pea protein’s antioxidants decreased two of your body’s main inflammatory molecules, interleukin-6 (IL-6) and tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-a).
These weren’t minor reductions, either: the pea protein decreased IL-6 by 80%, and TNF-a by 35%. That’s huge!
If you’re going to use a protein powder, you might as well choose one with an abundance of health-promoting antioxidants. You’ll feel the difference.
Pea protein in Ayurveda and Chinese Medicine
Peas have been a source of healing and nutrition for a long, long time.
In Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), peas are used to keep your liver strong and support satiety and strong digestion.
Ayurveda and TCM also talk about protein. Weak or deficient energy is a call for more protein and fat, and the right blend of good bacteria to promote digestive health.
East West Pure Power is pea protein with a bunch of extras to make it even better. The pea protein balances your hormones and help you lose weight, hemp seeds provide healthy fat, flax offers lots of fiber to improve your gut health, and the probiotic Bacillus coagulans keeps your immune system strong and helps you stay healthy, even when you’re stressed.
If you want the amazing benefits of pea protein and more, try a bottle of East West Pure Power today. You can also find pure pea protein in most high-end markets. Either way, you can’t go wrong.