May 05, 2017
Microneedling and Cupping—Live w/ Kelly and Ryan
Have you tried cupping or microneedling?
Well, I recently had the fun opportunity to do a treatment on Kelly and Ryan on live TV, and show them what it’s all about. Here’s a little more about each in case you want to find a spa near you [and of course the video because it was a hilarious segment]!
At my practice, CentreSpringMD + Spa, we often recommend our patients opt for cupping therapy, which was used in ancient forms of alternative medicine. Now, with the growing popularity of Traditional Chinese Medicine– cupping therapy has reemerged as a highly effective healing therapy! In this therapy, special cups are applied to the skin for a few minutes to create suction.
- an increase in circulation and help with draining excess fluids and toxins
- pain relief, reduction in inflammation, increase of blood flow and relaxation
- soothing of sore muscles and help with managing chronic pain
- anti-aging through facial cupping in which the suction applied to the skin results in an increase of circulation as well as stimulation and draining of the lymph nodes
Microneedling, is a minimally invasive treatment used to promote skin rejuvenation. A device with fine needles creates tiny punctures in the top layer of the skin, which triggers the body to create new collagen and elastin.
I find results come after 3-4 treatments over the course of a 6-week period. Although each person is different, usually one will see improved texture and firmness, as well as a reduction in scars, pore size, and hyperpigmentation!
* This website is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Click here to read the medical disclaimer