Jul 22, 2016
Make Ahead Mason Jar Kale Salad
Who doesn’t love a good summer salad? If you’re in a lunch rut and need something new, try this delicious kale salad that takes no time to prep! This is an easy one to change-up and is delicious with shredded or grilled chicken or blackened salmon.
- 8-10oz of organic lacinato kale, washed, trimmed and chopped
- ¼ of a red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 organic carrots, cut julienne-style
- 5oz of toasted chopped pecans or walnuts (sautéd in pan of coconut oil or bake)
- 1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- Half of a lemon
- Pinch of Celtic sea salt and pepper (or favorite seasonings)
Trim kale away from stalk and chop to desired size. Massage kale with tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside. Thinly slice ¼ of red onion. Cut several carrots julienne-style. Prepare to assemble salad. Place kale in bottom of mason jar or salad bowl. Layer with red onions, carrots, and nuts. Carry lemon wedge in a separate container. When ready to eat, squeeze lemon over the top, cover with lid and gently shake. Enjoy!
* This website is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Click here to read the medical disclaimer