Try this detoxifying tea, and sip on it all summer long! Lemon is great at helping to flush those toxins out, and of course, ginger is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. You can’t beat this delicious drink that is caffeine-free and extremely low-calorie.
- 8 cups filtered boiling water
- 2 organic lemons, halved and juiced
- 1 organic lime, halved and juiced
- 5 ginger coins (peeled ginger root cut into flat circles)
- 1 cup basil leaves, loosely packed
- 1 – 2.5 tablespoon raw, local honey
Cut the lemons and lime and juice them into a pitcher. Add-in the basil and ginger coins. Pour the hot water in. Allow to steep and add-in honey. Set aside until cool. Remove ginger and basil leaves. Serve over a glass of ice and fresh slice of lemon or lime! Adjust honey to taste.
You can make the same recipe with fresh mint leaves! Deliciously refreshing and detoxifying too!