Are you on the hunt for the perfect dessert to make for your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day?
I don’t know about you, but I love chocolate in the form of brownies! Unfortunately, many of the brownie recipes out there are full of refined flour and loads of sugar, which can spell trouble for inflammation and make PCOS symptoms much worse. When I have time, I enjoy playing around in the kitchen turning unhealthy recipes into healthy ones.
This avocado brownie recipe is full of healthy fats like avocado and coconut oil, high in antioxidants because of the cacao powder, and it’s gluten free! For Valentine’s Day, I will probably serve these beauties with a scoop of coconut ice cream on top. Pure decadence without all of the guilt!
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- ¼ cup Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate mini chips
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine avocado, coconut oil, coconut nectar, and vanilla in a food processor or blender.
3. Add these ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir in eggs.
4. Pour in coconut flour, cacao powder, chocolate chips, sea salt, and baking soda. Stir until well-combined.
5. Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with coconut oil and add batter.
6. Bake for 25 minutes.
7. Allow to cool for 20 minutes before cutting into squares.