The first step to fighting Spring allergies is through nutrition. People often forget that food is medicine, and we can help our bodies fight off allergens like pollen, dust, and blooming flowers through the nutrients found in the foods we eat.
There are 3 mocktails that are my absolute favorite ways to fight off those allergies!
Watch my segment with Home & Family to find out why these ingredients are beneficial in allergy prevention.
- 2 apples, any kind, cut in slices lengthwise
- 1 cup of pineapple- can use fresh or frozen
- 2 tsp of local honey
- 1-2 cups of water
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Blend and pour!
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries, whole or cut
- 2-3 tsp watercress
- 1 tsp mint leaves
- 1/2 cup crushed ice (if not wanting ice, you can use frozen strawberries)
- 1-2 tsp local honey
- Blend together 3 minutes and pour!
- 1 cup shredded/de-stemmed organic kale
- 6 oz. purified or distilled water
- 2 tablespoons organic parsley
- 2 kiwis
- Blend together and pour in your favorite margarita glass!