A protein shake is a great way to start the day. Today I’m sharing an everyday recipe that uses foods you can easily keep on hand such as frozen berries and bananas, nut butter, and pre-washed greens for a satiating meal in a hurry.
Now here’s a tip that may be new to you. Did you know that in order to get the most out of your smoothie, you are supposed to chew it? Or at least swirl it around your mouth from time to time to prepare your stomach for the meal that’s headed its way. Give it a try and see if you notice a difference.
I recommend UltraMeal Rice Protein to many of my patients since it is easily digested, free of common allergens and contains a good dose of b vitamins and other nutrients.
Since many of my patients have benefited from rotating the foods they eat, I’ve included options for creating your own mix-and-match shake.
Everyday Berry-Nut Protein Shake (With Greens!)
- 1 ½ cup milk of choice (I like to alternate between coconut and almond)
- ½ banana (frozen is ideal, but not necessary)
- 1 – 1 ½ cup frozen strawberries (or blueberries, pitted cherries, raspberries or blackberries)
- 1 tablespoon nut butter (I like to alternate between almond and peanut)
- 2 scoops of your favorite protein powder (or your typical serving size)
- 1 handful of spinach or other greens
Add all ingredients to the blender in the order listed and combine well. Sip, swirl and chew!