1. Lay down on your back. Go ahead and bend your legs so that they’re in a table top position. Your shins and ankles should be parallel to the floor.
2. Take a deep breath in and a long exhale.
3. Using just your abdominal muscles, slowly lift your head up – keeping your chin down. Curl your upper body off the ground until just the base of your shoulder blades remain on the mat. Keep your shoulders from creeping up.
4. Take a deep breath. Exhale and then begin to pull your legs up and extend them. Your goal is for your feet to reach toward the ceiling and where the opposite wall meet. You should not let your legs shake – so adjust accordingly. Extend your arms straight and keep them low but hovering above the floor.
5. Take 3 short breaths in and then 3 out. At the same time, move your arms up and down in a tight manner. You’ll look like you are pumping your arms. Relax your neck. Allow your ab muscles to do the work.
Repeat 3 times.