Spring isn’t just a time to cleanout the clutter. It’s also a time to kick start your health and cleanout your fridge from those heavy winter foods! I strongly believe that the gut is the body’s command center and can greatly influence weight-loss. I’ve had numerous patients shed unwanted pounds just by healing their gut.
Below you will find a 3-day detox plan I created to clean up the belly and help you lose that excess winter weight. By the end of the three days, you will have worked to improve your intestinal pH, increase your digestive juices, activate digestive enzymes and detoxify your liver, helping you look and feel your best for spring! Who’s with me?!
3-Day Spring Detox Plan:
• Begin the morning with 1-2 tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar diluted in water (I like mine in room temp. water). Research shows that apple cider vinegar helps detoxify the liver and stimulate the cardiovascular system. I actually get to the point where I crave this in the morning!
• Next, have a protein shake for breakfast. If you like (okay love) chocolate, like me, then you will love my Banana Chocolate Shake recipe. It is super simple and tastes like a chocolate covered-banana, but it’s high in protein and 100% guilt-free!
• Have a green drink for lunch. Green juice blends are easy to digest and rich in fiber. Try to include dark, leafy greens such as kale and watercress that help activate detoxification, which is important for keeping your liver clean. Try my Green Juice recipe. You will not regret it!
• Eat a large plant based meal for dinner. The vegetables will further liver detoxification and cleanup while also resetting your gut. Some examples include: 1 cup each of broccoli, snow peas, and red pepper sautéed in coconut oil. Coconut oil contains lauric acid which has antibacterial, antimicrobial and antiviral properties. If you don’t know by now, I love to spread coconut oil on rice cakes as a snack.
• Lastly, be sure and drink at least 100 ounces of water throughout the day. Carry a glass water bottle with you at all times. If you need reminders to fill it up every 2-3 hours, set an alarm on your phone.
Finally, if you feel great after doing this 3-day detox, make time this spring to do the 21-Day Belly Fix! Lasting results that will really take your gut healing to the new level. Happy almost spring!