1. Stand with your feet about hip width apart.
2. I recommend standing behind a sturdy kitchen chair, holding the back of the chair with both hands and having your knees slightly bent. Keep your abs and back engaged.
3. Look straight ahead. Your head should be in line with your shoulders.
4. Holding your upper body steady, lift one leg up to waist height. Then take it out to the side.
5. Lower and repeat on the other side.
6. Do 12 repetitions on each side.
7. Rest for 30 seconds, and do a second set.