With Yogurt Cucumber Sauce
1 medium salmon fillet
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons tandoori spice mix or ground red pepper
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ginger paste
1 teaspoon fresh ginger with water to create a paste
4 cloves garlic mashed with water to make a paste
1 tablespoon olive oil
Yogurt Cucumber Sauce
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 small cucumber, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Rinse the fish and pat dry with paper towels
- Place in a small greased baking pan. Squeeze lemon half on top of fish and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, tandoor mix, turmeric, curry, salt, garlic paste, and ginger paste.
- Mix well.
- Brush the salmon with the oil, then add the paste to both sides of the fillet.
- Return to pan, cover with foil, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Mix yogurt cucumber sauce ingredients.
- Remove foil and turn the over to broil. Broil fish for 2-3 minutes.
- Plate and serve with sauce.