- 1½ lbs chicken breasts or tenders
- 1 head of sturdy lettuce (Romaine or butter lettuce work well)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cayenne pepper
For the pico de gallo
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 Jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
1 large tomato, diced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Juice from 1 lime
- A handful chopped, fresh cilantro
- For the chicken, combine lime juice,
olive oil, garlic, cumin, salt, and
cayenne pepper in a large bowl. Add
the chicken and let marinate for
about 30 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat.
Add a drizzle of olive oil and sear the
chicken on both sides until golden
and cooked through (about 6-8
minutes per side, depending on
- When cooked, move chicken to a
warm plate or a cutting board, and let
4 fool slight chiefere slicitingtcombine
all ingredients for the pico.
- Stir well and place 1-2 spoonfuls on
top of prepared lettuce leaves.
- Place the grilled chicken on top. Best