Mar 31, 2016
Easy & Quick Meal: Avocado Toast
Here’s a healthy breakfast or lunch option for you that I became addicted to after a recent trip to NYC.
Simply mash your avocados, add a pinch of salt, pepper, cumin or your favorite special seasonings. Continue to mash and mix together until you have the desired consistency. Then, spread the mash on a piece of your favorite toast. You an always add additional seasoning like garlic or other herbs. Spread paste across the entire slice of bread. Get creative and add your favorite toppings, like sliced tomatoes, onion or sliced radishes. You cannot go wrong here. The key is that you are getting the healthy fats in, which are going to keep you fuller longer. Add a little more creativity and choose your protein! I love a thin slice of smoked salmon—high in omega-3s—or a boiled egg sliced or crumbled on top. Add a few handfuls of chopped kale and a squeeze of lemon. … Yum!
• 1 – 2 ripe avocados
• Your favorite special seasonings like cumin, garlic or onion
• Celtic Sea Salt
• Black Pepper
• Your favorite toppings, like sliced tomatoes, green or red onion, chopped kale, lemon, or sliced radishes
• Your favorite protein like sliced smoked salmon or a hard boiled egg, crumbled or sliced
• 2 slices of gluten-free or sprouted grain bread
* This website is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Click here to read the medical disclaimer