This is one quick and easy lunch option that I love! It provides you with plenty of healthy fat and protein to keep your mind alert and ready to tackle any afternoon. Remember, egg yolks are high in vitamin D, which has been shown to boost fertility in men and women [shout out to April being fertility awareness month]. Actually, did you know that vitamin D affects almost every cell in our bodies, and is known for boosting progesterone and estrogen in women, which helps to regulate menstrual cycles?! Also, avocados are chalked full of “good fat,” which helps to keep you satiated. The majority of the fat in avocados is oleic acid, which has been linked to help reduce inflammation! That’s enough to make you want to load up on guacamole and add avocados to everything now!
In the Spring, after the Easter egg hunts are over, I always use my extra eggs and whip up this healthier version of egg salad. You can get really creative here—place on top of leafy greens with some radish slices or on gluten free toast with some butter lettuce! This lunch will not disappoint. And yes, we are even using the egg yolks.
• 6 peeled eggs
• ½ teaspoon to 1 teaspoon of fresh finely chopped dill (can use dried)
• 2 ripe avocados sliced for looks (make sure they aren’t too mushy to the touch)
• ½ of a yellow or sweet onion finely diced
• 2 stalks of celery, finely chopped
• Butter lettuce or green Leafy pieces of lettuce
• Celtic sea salt to taste
• Black pepper to taste
• Couple radishes, washed and thinly sliced for garnish
• Gluten-free or sproute-grain bread, or bed of greens
In a mixing bowl, combine and mash all ingredients together. Serve on a bed of greens or sprouted or gluten-free bread. For a little crunch, toast your bread!