Apr 25, 2016
Allergy-Busting Apple, Ginger Tea
Are you struggling with late spring allergies? I love sipping on my warm apple, ginger tea to boost my immune system and keep allergies at bay. This tea is really easy to make, tastes great, and aids digestion too! Made up of our super allergy-fighting foods [read about foods good for busting allergies here] like pineapple and apples, it also has ginger in it, which helps reduce inflammation and boost the immune system. Remember, pineapple contains bromelain, and apples contain quercetin—both act as natural antihistamines.
- Juice of two organic apples
- 4-5 chunks of fresh pineapple
- Squeeze of local raw honey
- ½ teaspoon of grated ginger
Blend all ingredients together with a Vitamix on the hot cycle to enjoy warm. If you don’t have a Vitamix, use any blender, add a portion of the apple, ginger pineapple mixture to a ½ cup of boiling water and your favorite tea bag [Hint: choose a tea bag that will complement the mixture. Think lemongrass and ginger!]
Enjoy and sip at least 8 – 10 oz. once a day!
* This website is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Click here to read the medical disclaimer